Thursday, September 23, 2010

Homecoming Dance Is a Hit for Many!

by Olivia Underwood

The lights pulse, the beat pounds, and you and your friends dance until you collapse. This weekend’s homecoming dance was like that for Kenzie Vansickle, a junior here at PCHS. Kenzie, along with many others, enjoyed the annual dance on Saturday, September 18.

“This was my first time,” Kenzie says of the dance, “and I enjoyed it a lot even though I got really hot and sweaty.”

Kenzie wasn’t the only one to enjoy the dance! This year’s Homecoming was a great success with Millie Arp and Ethan Mason being crowned as Homecoming King and Queen. Homecoming is open to all students of PCHS and has been a tradition for many years. A lot of students have been going since their freshman year like Tabi Wimsett, a senior this year.

Tabi said, “I’ve been every year to homecoming, this is my fourth time.” Many girls spend a lot of time and money each year to look their best at the dance and Tabi is no exception. Like many students, Tabi and her friends take pictures of their dresses and dates to post on Facebook or print for their parents.

“I don’t spend all day doing my hair.” Tabi told me, “I usually get ready for like an hour and a half before the dance for pictures.”

This year, as always, homecoming was planned and set up by the members of student council. D. J.-ing this year was interesting because as well as providing music for the dancing; there was a large projection screen with dance videos playing throughout the night. I think Kenzie said it best when she said, “I had so much fun! I would definitely go again.”

No comments:

Post a Comment